Healthy soil leads to robust and healthy plants, reduced cost of operations, improved yield and profitability
TM Agricultural works to rejuvenate the soil. Over the last twenty years, the ability to research at the molecular level has brought significant insight into the relationship between microbial organisms, soil health, plant health and crop yield. Best™ has engaged in this research since the 1990s to establish sustainable farming methods that lead to enhanced soil health and sustainable agricultural practices.
The secret to healthy soil
TM Agricultural restores the interconnected relationship between the soil, micro-organisms and plants. Best has developed a simple, easy to apply process that awakens dormant soil microbes, unlocking tied up nutrients and making them plant available. The result is healthy, aerated soil, rich in nutrients and robust plants that are healthy and more resistant to disease and pests.
TM Agricultural is an environmentally safe technology that helps restore and rejuvenate the soil to a fertile state.
Benefits of healthy soil:
- Rich in organic matter.
- Higher crop yield.
- Soil rich in nutrients and, robust crops that are less susceptible to disease and pests
- Reduced costs for fungicides and pesticides
- Greater water absorption and moisture retention
- Soil that is less susceptible to erosion and runoff
- Aerated soil that is not compacted and hard, reducing fuel costs and wear and tear on machinery
Cost of unhealthy and compacted soil:
- Weak plants that are susceptible to disease and pests, increasing the dependence on and cost of fungicides and pesticides.
- Soil that is deficient in nutrients, which leads to the increased dependence on, and cost of fertilizer.
- Soil that is hard and compacted is difficult to till. This leads to increased cost of fuel, and wear and tear on machinery.
- Compacted soil does not absorb or retain water, which increases the need for water and cost of energy for irrigation.
- Depleted soil is susceptible to erosion, leading to decreased yield, and unreliable future profitability of land investment.
- Weak unhealthy plants attracting higher likelihood of pests
- Decreased crop yield and profitability